- 11th International Conference on Daoist Studies
- 10th International Conference on Daoist Studies
2015 - Call for Papers
Call for Papers
The Second International Symposium on Chinese Culture and Heaven-Human Union
The Sun Moon Lake, Nantou County, Taiwan. ROC
Lei-Li-O Retreat Center
9th-12th January 2015
The Society for the Study of Religious Philosophy (SSRP)
The T'ienti Teachings Association
Ji-Zhong Cultural and Educational Foundation
Master Han-Ching Academy
Red Heart Society
Taiwan Conference on Religion and Peace (TCRP)
The Anthro-Celestial General Research Institute, the T’ienti Teachings
The Management Committee of Lei-Li-O Retreat Center, the T'ienti Teachings
Life & Religion Department, Fo Guang University
Religion Department, Fu Jen Catholic University
Religion Department, Aletheia University
General Education College, Hungkuang University
Power Mechanical Engineering Institute, Tsing Hua University
The objective of this symposium is to provide an interchange platform to worldwide researchers, scholars, and scientists in the fields of religion, philosophy and science to exchange knowledge and new experiences under the atmosphere of collaboration and friendship. The scopes of papers are centered on the core philosophies of Chinese culture and different religions, and also on the relationship between science, religious philosophy and Chinese culture. The main scheme of this symposium is "Ideas of Heaven-Human Relations in Chinese Thought". "Heaven-Human Union" has been taken as the highest value in the traditional Chinese culture, and "Heaven-Human Concord" has been an ultimate concern in the T'ienti Teachings. Papers based on the following topics are warmly welcomed.
(1) Looking for Axial-Age Origins to Thinking on Heaven-Human Relatedness
(2) The Historical Evolution of Ideas on Heaven-Human Union in Chinese Intellectual History
(3) Contemporary Interpretations of Traditional Thinking on Heaven-Human Union
(4) Exploring Relations of the Human and the Divine (or Transcendent) in Western Philosophy and Religion
(5) Comparing Chinese and Western Culture in Terms of Heaven-Human Relatedness
(6) Dialogue and Prospects Regarding Global Ethics and Environmental Ethics
(7) Conceptions about Heaven-Human Union from Chinese Culture as a Revelation for the Contemporary World
(8) Thinking and Practice of Man-Heaven Union in Tiandi Jiao [Tienti Teaching]
Languages: The official languages of this symposium will be Chinese and English.
Objects: Worldwide scholars and graduate students in relevant fields.
The abstracts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
For abstract submission, please use 12-point Times New Roman fonts. It must be single spaced, evenly justified across the full width of the page. Please use 12-point line space down from the author affiliation. The author affiliation must be italicized and not bold. Symbol fonts should be Greek alphabets.
The abstract within 500 words should outline the paper precisely and show the main conclusion. The abstract needs to include the following:
1. Title of paper, names of authors and affiliations
2. Background, objective, method, main discovery and conclusion
3. Five to seven key words
4. In order to let readers catch your image quickly, please attach one or two graphs or pictures in the end of the abstract at your discretion.
5. Please identify the corresponding author with an asterisk and provide his/her complete address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
Selection of Papers, Proceedings, and Journal Publications
Selection of papers will be a two-step process through the website. After receiving abstracts and notifying authors of the results, the selected authors will be asked to submit a complete manuscript (around 10000 words) for our quick review. The final review results will be based on the complete manuscripts. All accepted papers, after pre-registration and payment in advance, will be distributed in a papers-collection and a CD-ROM proceedings at the symposium.
For further information, please refer to the related messages on the website or contact the chairman of the paper committee, Dr. C.H. Liou: email@example.com
The better papers from all papers will be selected and reviewed in order to be published in the Journal of Religious Philosophy.
For related information, please visit the website:
Society for the Study of Religious Philosophy (SSRP)
No. 155, BeiXin Road, Sec. 2, XinDian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan, R.O.C
Tel: + 886-2-2913-6652 Fax: + 886-2-2913-0557
Li, Zi-Yi Honorary President, SSRP (Taiwan)
Honorary Vice Chairman
Wang, Bang-Xiong Tamkang University (Taiwan)
Liou, Tong-Miin Tsing Hua University (Taiwan)
Chen, Bo-Zhong Hungkuang University (Taiwan)
Honorary Advisory Board (in alphabetical order)
International Steering Committee (in alphabetical order)
Domestic Steering Committee (in alphabetical order)
The whole payment includes a copy of papers-collection, a CD-ROM proceedings, welcome reception, banquet, a half-day tour at the Sun Moon Lake.
* welcome reception, banquet, a half-day tour
(If there are more than 2 authors in each paper, there must be at least one author to make the paper presentation at the symposium.)
Account Name: The Society for the Study of Religious Philosophy
Venue and Travel Information
This symposium will be held in the Lei-Li-O Retreat Center around the Sun Moon Lake. It can be reached by Taiwan High Speed Rail (HSR) from the airport and then by bus in HSR Taichung (Wuri) station. For further information about the symposium site, please visit the website: